There are no definitive rules for choosing a vanity and vanity top, however there are some tips to keep in mind to ensure that your choice is long-lasting and complimentary for years to come. Below are tips to consider when choosing a vanity and vanity top for your next bathroom remodel with Pelican Residential.
Bathroom Vanity Tips
- One of the most important things to remember when choosing a vanity is the size of your bathroom. If you are choosing a vanity for a powder room, you should look at options that are smaller and less intrusive. For larger bathrooms, like a master bath, you have a number of sizes and shapes from which to choose.
- Consider the amount of storage space you need. The vanity you choose should accommodate your storage needs.
- What is your style? This can affect your preferences in any aspect of a bathroom remodel. Keep in mind that you want the vanity to complement other elements within your bathroom.
- Who will be using this vanity? If children are likely to use this vanity, prepare for clutter! You want the vanity to provide storage and durability. For a master bathroom, functionality is a top priority. Can you consider two sinks when choosing a vanity or is there really only room for one?
Tips for Choosing Vanity Tops
- Bathroom countertops will need to withstand water, soap, cosmetics, toothpastes and other grime. Choose a surface material that can keep up with your daily hygiene routine.
- Understand your budget, but be willing to consider a vanity top that is durable and timeless. Frequently replacing your vanity top is just as expensive or could even wind up costing more than purchasing one that is of better quality.
- Like always, consider your style. What will complement your style? Depending on the material you choose, such as granite or cultured marble, your color options can vary. Pelican Residential can help you determine which style and material suits you best.
A bathroom remodel may be one of the best investments you can make as a homeowner. Not only will you notice a change in your lifestyle, but also your home’s value will increase. At Pelican Residential, we are happy to help you understand all aspects of a bathroom remodel.
One way we do this is by building a relationship with our clients. Close collaboration with homeowners allows us to better understand what our clients desire. If you are ready for a bathroom remodel, contact Pelican Residential for a consultation, today!